MORTGAGES FOR OVERSEAS
We’ve helped hundreds of people get overseas mortgages for commercial properties over the last 35 years
A whole world of Opportunities
Key facts about getting an overseas commercial property mortgage.
Although banks and other lenders are currently being criticised for not lending, often this is not because of lack of funds, but due to the quality of the business plan and past experience of the applicants.
Minimum Commercial Mortgage Sizes
The minimum mortgage size will depend on which country the commercial mortgage is required in – see below for details:
MINIMUM €2 MILLION COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE REQUIRED:
- UK & USA – for these countries possibly can consider lower amounts on a case by case basis (from as low as £100,000)
MINIMUM €10 MILLION COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE REQUIRED:
- Other countries (except war-torn areas)
Loan to value, interest rates and other lending criteria do vary depending on your own personal financial status, type and value of the property, location, mortgage size and whether you are borrowing/purchasing in your own name or a local or offshore company name.
For all commercial mortgages, it would initially be helpful to have a full Business Plan (Feasibility Report / Executive Summary) based on the format outlined below.
Alternatively, you can download an editable Microsoft Word Document version of our Business Plan Framework by clicking here.
Once completed, email your Business Plan to Simon at [email protected] and he will contact you to see how he can help.
BUSINESS PLAN FRAMEWORK
- A brief summary of the business including a CV and Assets & Liabilities.
- A statement on the Company or Individuals requiring the finance facility, plus previous experience and copies of their Income and Accounts.
Full details of the Project will be required and the following points will need
- Will there be a sole owner or an independent organisation?
- How are you or your client’s intending to promote the Project? (i.e. marketing plans)
- Details of the area (ie. How popular is the area for this type of
PROJECT FINANCIAL STATUS
- The total value of the Project will be required.
- What are the expenses attributed to the running of the Project and are there any current loans, if yes,
are they to be repaid?
- A complete Cash-Flow over the first three years of the loan, with a complete financial projection allowing for monies “in” and “out”, will be required.
- How much is actually required to be borrowed and over what term?
- How will the monies be repaid from the Project?
- What additional security is available either in the UK or Overseas for the lender to have an additional charge(s
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- A description of the products or services to be provided by the business including any particular unique aspects of the business or service should be included.
- The main risks for the business should be highlighted including any methods of transferring risks or alleviating them to acceptable tolerance levels.
Any information in support of the above business plan is appended here, such as:
- C.V’s of the Directors
- Three years Audited Accounts
- Pro forma Balance Sheets Profit & Loss Statements and Cashflow Forecasts
- Client / Customer Lists
- Market Research Data
- Brochures and Marketing Literature
- Pre-sales letters or Contractual Agreements
Overseas commercial mortgages are available on all types of bricks and mortar security and if you are unsure if the type of security or purpose of the mortgage is acceptable, please email [email protected] before submitting a Business Plan (Feasibility Report/Executive Summary).
As a mortgage is secured against your home, it could be repossessed if you do not keep up the mortgage repayments. Simon Conn is registered under the approved persons regime with the Financial Conduct Authority under individual reference number SLC00026. Please note, that the FCA does not regulate all forms of mortgage activity. It is important to note that Buy-to-Let Mortgages (unless more than 40% owner occupied), Commercial Mortgages and mortgages secured on property outside the UK are not covered by statutory UK regulation. If a mortgage is denominated in a currency other than your home currency, there is a risk that changes in the exchange rate may increase the equivalent value of the debt in terms of your home currency.
We will provide you with a free initial consultation and we will always explain exactly what you will be charged before you choose to proceed with an application. As we offer a bespoke service our charges can vary and the actual amount payable will be shown on any eventual quote and will depend on the country where you require finance, who arranges the finance for you, plus your personal circumstances and loan requirements. It is important that you seek independent legal and taxation advice on any property that you are going to purchase.